Dyeing Experiment Results

Last year, I posted about some dyeing experiments I was doing with local plants.  I ended up letting them sit for almost a year.  Whenever I went to check on them, I really didn’t see much change in the yarn.  My thought is that part of the problem was that I used vacuum sealed bags.  I tried to leave some air in them, but they were still limited in the air they received.  There was limited decay to these plants after sitting in water for almost a year.  The positive result is that I know my bags will work for preserving food.  🙂


As you can see, there was some variation, but mostly shades of brown.  Nothing too exciting that I’m going to try again.




This entry was posted in Dyeing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.